We have designed our curriculum to empower our children, raise their self-esteem, enable them to follow areas of interest and ultimately to become happy and successful adults, giving them the skills and disposition to thrive in the global environment of the 21st century.
Our children come to school with different life experiences, which impacts on their vocabulary, reasoning and understanding. We are therefore committed to creating a language rich environment, using high quality texts to promote a love of literature, and to deepen their reasoning, fluency and problem solving in mathematics.
Our curriculum is designed so that knowledge and understanding is clearly outlined in an age-appropriate and progressive way, so that the children’s understanding is extended year upon year. It is our intent to ensure that our curriculum goes beyond the experiences of the classroom and opens our children’s eyes to the world beyond their immediate environment.
Our key aim is that when children leave us to move onto secondary school, they have:
- Confidence in themselves and their attitudes to learning
- A firm grasp of basic skills
- Recognise that there is life and opportunities beyond ST. Mary's
- Aspiration that they need to aim high and challenge themselves to achieve great things in the future
- A strong sense of moral purpose and respect for others
Student Questionnaire Link